4.30.2009

Happy Wednesday!

Good morning! I am in need of some coffee and heading out to my local coffee shop, Donny’s Cafe. Think I am going to get a Mexican Mocha this morning- I haven’t had one in years.

The key ingredient needed is the Abuelita Mexican Chocolate. Boy, does this little box of chocolate bring back memories of my childhood. My mom always used to make this for me, and then when she wasn’t looking, I would go into the cupboard and sneak a bite of these decadent bars of chocolate…yummmm.

chocolate-abuelita

I found this recipe via diynetwork.com.

Ingredients:

2 Tbs. Mexican chocolate, ground
1 shot espresso
14 oz. steamed milk
Powdered chocolate

Preparation:

In a glass, add the Mexican chocolate, steamed milk and espresso. Top with the steamed milk foam and garnish with powdered chocolate. Serve hot.

Yield: 1 serving

If you don’t have access to the Mexican chocolate you can try this recipe from coffee-recipe.com instead to get a similar flavor:

4 Servings
1 1/2 cups strong coffee
4 teaspoons chocolate syrup
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup whipping cream

1. Put 1 teaspoon of chocolate syrup into each cup
2. Mix Whipping cream, 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar.
3. Whip until you have soft peaks
4. Place the last 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon into coffee, and stir
5. Pour coffee into cups, stir to mix in chocolate syrup
6. Top with whipped cream mixture.

If you haven’t tried a Mexican Mocha you should go out right now and have one. Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just coppied the Abuelita Mexican Chocolate, Coffee-Recipe I can hardly wait to make it for Kenny next Saturday for breakfast and suprise him. Thanks Delicious.