6.13.2013

Britt's Picks: Vintage Crewelwork

Whenever I'm thrifting or antiquing, there's one thing I'll always look for: vintage crewelwork. I absolutely adore those kitschy 70's crewelwork pieces! Crewel embroidery has been around for centuries, but creating colorful, and quirky embroidery was most popular in the 1970's. I've come up with a few of my favorite crewelwork pieces that I've pinned from Pinterest and found throughout the web:


The first is a pillow cover with bright red and pink flowers–a very lucky lady here at Casa Artelexia purchased this from Etsy when she found it on my Pinterest! The second is a piece someone turned into a pillow, the third is a chair upholstered in a gorgeous crewel flower piece, and the fourth is a pillow created by Anthropologie from an actual vintage crewelwork pattern.

I usually find my crewelwork at the Goodwill or other thrift stores, but you can also find it at antique stores and online on Etsy and Ebay. The best thing about looking for crewelwork is that you never know what you'll find–after all, it's a crewel world out there!

-Brittany

No comments: