1.18.2012

Destination: Mexico


This girl is going shopping.  When?  A week from today.  Where to?  Puebla, Oaxaca, San Miguel de Allende, Chiapas, and Mexico City for a total of 19 days.  Am I excited?  Hell yeah!  Usually my dad goes alone on the shopping trips but this time I will be learning the ropes.  We only have 2 months to open our new store and we need product.  Lots of product.  We will be searching high and low for furniture, mirrors, paintings, textiles, jewelry, tabletop, ceramic - you name it.  I'll be hand-selecting the product, meeting the artists, visiting their studios and homes, riding in buses for 10 hours at time, taking as many pictures as my camera will allow, eating and drinking until my heart's content, visiting markets and having one amazing adventure with my dad.  I've only been to San Miguel de Allende and Mexico City but the other places will be all new to me.  Have you been to any of these places?  Do you have any recommendations?  I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE any and all suggestions!!

No comments: