11.21.2011

Getting ready for Thanksgiving


Hello there!  We are just a few days away from Thanksgiving and I can't wait!  This year is a little different for me.  My husband and I will be spending the holidays in Brooklyn, with his family.  Typically, when I'm in San Diego, I do most of the cooking along with my mother and sister.  "Ova here" it's a different story.  Mama G, my mother in-law, does most of the cooking and I know better than to cross an Italian woman in her kitchen.  My duties will consist of decorating the table and making a few desserts.  Baking is NOT my strong suit.  Cooking, no problem.  Baking, not so much.  But I can do this.  I'm thinking of a pumpkin cheesecake and these adorable pumpkin cupcakes.  Do you have any fail-safe dessert recipes?  I'd love to hear!

No comments: