9.20.2009

Santa Fe Road Trip in Pictures

Destination: Santa Fe


A few weeks back I set out on a mission. I, with the help of my wonderful husband, headed out to New Mexico to introduce Artelexia to the shop owners of Santa Fe and Albuquerque. We loaded up the car with a selection of our products and drove the scenic 14-hour drive.

My husband and travel buddy

We made sure to leave some time for some sightseeing- Pecos National Park.
Pecos preserves 12,000 years of history including the ancient Pueblo of Pecos, Colonial Missions, and the site of the Civil War Battle of the Glorieta Pass.

One of my top three favorite restaurants - Bobcat Bite
It doesn't look like much but it is quite the happening place!

Their famous Green Chile Cheeseburger...so delicious!


Montez Gallery
Featured in several magazines, including National Geographic and Travel + Leisure, as "a must see in Santa Fe".


Santa Fe Indian Market


Native American Dancers


Santa Fe Farmer's Market @ The Santa Fe Railyard


To me, heirloom tomatoes are the equivalent of roses or a box of chocolates. Give me some heirlooms and I'm yours...


My husband knows the way to my heart!


Hatch Chilis - you will find these chilis roasted in just about every single restaurant.
They are great on eggs, enchiladas, in a stew, or on a hamburger...yum!


Theo Raven of Doodlet's
Theo, 78 (God bless her!), opened the store in 1955 with the help of her mother. Isn't she cute!


We definitely felt the love in Santa Fe. We met some amazing shop owners, we were well-received by all and we were very happy with the outcome. The trip was a success! It is a great feeling to see your hard work pay off. The trip was definitely worth the 14-hour drive each way.


If you ever have the chance to make your way out to Santa Fe, I recommend it hands down. You will not be disappointed. The people are gracious, the food is delicioso, and the sunsets are simply gorgeous...sigh.


Thank you Santa Fe!

1 comment:

Cynde said...

So great to see my friend Theo on your site. I am an artists from Oklahoma that exhibits in Santa Fe just up the street from Theo's shop. I try to go see her about once a month when I am delivering artwork to the Joe Wade Gallery. She and her shop are priceless- don't you wish you could have met her mother? - Your Artist Friend Cynde Roof