8.17.2009

Road Trip. Santa Fe, here we come!

Destination: Santa Fe.
Time: 13 hours. Copilot: my hubby.
Mission: 10 new Artelexia wholesale accounts.
Deadline: August 28th, 2009.

Can we do it? Can we get 10 new accounts by August 28th? You bet your green chiles we can. I have packed the car with the best of the best of our Artelexia products and am ready to go.

Here are just few other things that I am really looking forward to:

the people...

AK and UL, our gracious hosts, whom I love dearly. They are truly the most knowledgeable tour guides, the best mixologists, and the most enjoyable company that I know. Seriously.

the art...

88TH ANNUAL SANTA FE INDIAN MARKET Saturday, August 22, 7AM - 5PM & Sunday, August 23, 8AM - 5PM The Santa Fe Plaza, Free and open to the public. The Santa Fe Indian Market is the city's biggest and most prestigious event. Held on the third weekend in August every year, Indian Market draws more than 100,000 collectors, gallery owners and fans of Indian art from around the world. The crowds buy art directly from more than 1,200 artists representing over 100 tribes.

The food...


Green Chile Stew, The Shed- Named one of the Top Ten Must-Visit Classic Restaurants by Bon Appetit in this September's issue. The restaurant opened in 1953, but the hacienda that houses the area's favorite lunch and dinner spot dates back to 1692. Many dishes—enchiladas, tacos, burritos—come with green or red chile sauce. Order both, a.k.a. Christmas-style. They also make a mean guacamole and an ever so tasty margarita. Delicioso! Tip: They book up pretty fast. Make reservations at least a week in advance. Luckily, I called yesterday to make ours and it was the last one available for the whole weekend!



Green Chile Cheeseburger, Bobcat Bite - Voted BEST Hamburger in America by Bon Appetit. And let me tell you, both my husband and I agree, hands down, that this is the tastiest burger that we have ever had. Ever. My mouth is watering...


Santa Fe Farmer's Market. The market that began with a handful of farmers in the late 1960s is now by far New Mexico's largest farmers' market and one of the most widely recognized markets in the United States and beyond. The Santa Fe Farmers Market represents over 100 active vendors and features hundreds of different agricultural products. To further meet Santa Fe's demand for fresh, local produce, the Market began operating year-round in 2002, and with more and more farmers using extended growing techniques, the "off season" becomes more successful every year.

the shopping...



If I had a few extra thousand dollars, I would pick up a pair of these snazzy boots at Back at the Ranch. I'm not big into cowboy boots myself, but after spending five minutes in this store, I dare you not to want a pair! The detail that goes into the design in absolutely amazing!

Okay, I have to go finish packing! So much to do today before we head out. We will keep you updated from the road with pics, stories and recommendations. If any of you have any favorite places in Santa Fe, or anywhere in between San Diego and Santa Fe, please let me know.


Santa Fe, here we come!

No comments: