7.02.2009

Yum, I'm making this avocado sandwich for lunch!


Check out this recipe I found via here.

Spiced Avocado Sandwich

Ingredients

Serves 2

  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
  • 1/2 to 1 teaspoon green Tabasco sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt and pepper
  • 1/2 cup yellow grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1 small cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
  • 1 large or 2 small radishes, halved and thinly sliced
  • 2 whole-wheat pitas (6 inches each), top third cut off

Directions

  1. Halve and pit avocado. With a spoon, scoop out avocado flesh, cut into chunks, and transfer to a medium bowl. Add orange juice, Tabasco sauce, and coriander; season with salt and pepper. Mix gently to combine.
  2. Add tomatoes, cucumber, and radish. Combine, and divide mixture between 2 pitas. Serve immediately.
My substitutions (just as an FYI, I never, ever, follow a recipe exactly)

Instead of Tobasco Sauce, I am going to use salsa verde made with blend of tomatillos, onions, serrano chiles and spices. Also, I am going to skip the radishes and add lime juice instead of the orange juice. I think that I have some jicama in the fridge as well and might throw some of that in. I'll let you know how it goes!

Per serving: 353 calories; 9 g protein; 17 g fat; 48 g carbs; 13 g fiber.

Prep: 20 Minutes
Total: 20 Minutes


1 comment:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

Now that's a tasty-looking avocado sandwich!