4.30.2009

Keeping Cool…

rs_fizzylemonade608
I got this picture via here
Today is a lemonade kind of day. At only 9AM it is a sizzling 86 degrees outside and going up to 97! San Diego is definitely known for its nice weather but today is abnormally hot, especially for April. With that being said I will need to keep hydrated. While searching online for a new recipe, I came across this recipe to make a Fizzy Sour Lemonade recipe on the Gourmet website. I typically don’t gravitate towards the cherry flavors but for some reason this one I couldn’t resist! The recipe has an optional vodka addition that I will hold off on considering it is still quite early in the day. I am off to the market to buy my ingredients! Anyone have a lemonade recipe they would like to share?

Fizzy Sour Lemonade

2 lb fresh or thawed frozen sour cherries (1 qt), stemmed
1 cup fresh lemon juice
3/4 to 1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups vodka (optional)
2 to 3 cups chilled sparkling water
Garnish: fresh sour cherries with stems
  1. Blend cherries (including pits) in a blender at low speed until skins have broken down enough to brightly color liquid (some of pits will be coarsely chopped). Pour through a sieve into a 2-quart pitcher, pressing on and discarding solids. Add lemon juice and sugar (to taste), stirring until sugar is dissolved.
  2. Pour 3 tablespoons vodka (if using) into each of 8 tall (10-ounce) glasses filled with ice. Add 1/2 cup cherry lemonade to each and top off with sparkling water.

No comments: